Thursday, January 3, 2008

Blogging is a Powerful Online Marketing Tool

Recently I posted a blog about how my daughter and I were having problems accessing her favorite website “webkinz”. Their website was having some serious issues with uptime and the volume of traffic was extremely high on Christmas Day so virtually nobody was able to login and adopt their pets.

In my total frustration I posted a blog about our webkinz problems. Low and behold there were many others who were feeling the exact same way we did. To my surprise my blog popped up in the SERPS (search engine results pages) the same day I had posted it and the traffic to my blog soared. Although I did not realize it until almost 5 days later when went back to check my traffic stats.

Knowing this it seems like a no brainer to continue to blog in this fashion attempting to drive more and more traffic to my blog which can hopefully find its way back to my website. The point I am trying to make is blogging has been said to be a very powerful and FREE Online Marketing Tool that many small business owners are not wrapping their hands around just yet and they seriously need to. So don’t wait any longer, start a blog today.

No comments: